Site Ideas

General wildland firefighting discussions

Moderators: FireMD, Sacmedic

Sacmedic

Site Ideas

Postby Sacmedic » December 17th, 2017, 9:21 am

Hello All,

I have looked through all the members on the site now (188 as of today!) and was pretty excited to see some familiar handles. I am interested in what folks are thinking and any ideas we could give the admin on how to make this site even better. I was a member of the old site for over ten years and saw some dramatic changes (some for the better, some for the worse) and think that we, as a diverse band of people with some great ideas, have a unique opportunity to make suggestions to the site admin, now, at the very beginning. So, what are people's ideas?

Sacmedic

admin

Re: Site Ideas

Postby admin » December 17th, 2017, 1:39 pm

Hey thanks for creating this thread! Great Idea!
I appreciate everyone joining this site and I really do want to make it exactly as everyone wants.

I have a few things that I want to do to the site and am working out how to implement them.
1) Incorporate maps into each fire thread
2) Incorporate a twitter feed for each incident into each fire thread.

Sacmedic

Re: Site Ideas

Postby Sacmedic » December 17th, 2017, 9:24 pm

Perhaps a return of the WLF They Said column? It was such a great disseminator of what was "really happening" behind the scenes, as well as giving the community a chance to express ideas that weren't "popular" or in line with Agency dogma. It would take some Mod work and cultivation, but it was truly missed in the "upgrades" to the old site. Food for thought here. What do others think?